• Use the hand you write with.
• Make a fist with your thumb outside, not tucked inside. If it’s tucked inside your fist, when you punch someone, you might break your thumb. The thumb goes across your fingers, not on the side.
• Don’t be like in the movies—don’t aim for the face. Face punches don’t usually stop people, and you can miss when they duck their head or break your hand on their jaw. If you want to get away quickly, or end a fight, aim for the chest, or the ribs. If you really want to do some damage, e.g., you’re being attacked, aim for the throat, which will make it hard for your attacker to breathe for a hot minute.
• When you punch, you want to aim and hit with your first two knuckles. Not the flats of your fingers, and not your ring or pinky knuckles, which can break more easily. You can use your weight, if you’re on your feet, to add wallop, and spring into a punch with your feet and torso.
Useful information, esp. if you haven’t taken self defense.
I reblogged this once before to add this and I’ll do it again…
keep your wrist straight.
You can also risk breaking your wrist if you allow it to bend. I actually can’t believe this isn’t in there.
Other good pointers:
- if your attacker is male, go for his junk - especially if he’s wearing loose pants. There’s no sportsmanship when it comes to assault so fuck them balls UP
- punching pretty much ANYWHERE in the face is going to actually hurt you a LOT (just think - you’re punching your bones into their bones and ow). If you’re going for the face, my suggestion is to strike upwards with your palm.
see that meaty portion highlighted in red? There’s a lot of muscle and fat right there which makes it excellent for striking. Hold your hand as shown and aim for the nose or chin (though I’ve been told in extreme circumstances, doing this to the nose can be fatal but I’ve never really heard if this is true or not) and just aim upwards
- other delicate areas:
- the shin (hurts like a bitch if you kick it right - also, you can hit this spot if you’re being held in a choke-hold and if your attacker has to move in order to stop you from kicking him, he’ll have to angle his body so as to expose his stomach and crotch to the wild spastic jabbings of your elbows)
- the solar plexus (either jab while holding your hand in a sort of spear position or use your elbows - unless you’re super strong, your punch probably won’t wind your attacker. Your elbow or a spear hand will, however)Originally in (most) martial arts, you hit the solar plexus because it supposedly contained an important chakra. Now we know that it actually also contains like a bunch of necessary organs that are exposed just below your ribs and is also (roughly) where your diaphragm lives so getting punched there is not pleasant.
- the clavicle (from experience, getting hit in your clavicle HURTS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER. If you strike downwards with your knuckles, the person might just cry. Like I did.)
- the ear (this is probably the best place to punch besides the throat. It’s all cartilage so it probably won’t hurt you all that much and most people will be like “DUDE YOU PUNCHED ME IN THE EAR WHAT THE HELL”)
- the kidneys (this is harder to hit without training but if you somehow get your attacker’s back to face you, try to hit’em in the kidneys. Again, from experience, this FUCKING HURTS. You can’t really hit the kidneys from the front with any effect but from the back it is super painful)
- if you’re held in a choke-hold, try turning your head so the forearm isn’t pressed into your throat. If you can position yourself right, you can sort of force your chin into the crook of the elbow, making you able to still receive (limited) oxygen and provide time for you to kick some shins or elbow some spleens and shit
(via janine0317)Source: am-buh
- padfoot-loves-moony reblogged this from gottagetmysherlock
- anaexcelsior likes this
- lulabellend likes this
- holy-cheeseus likes this
- referenceforfuture likes this
- smiley-cole likes this
- meifujoshi likes this
- the-dayreveur likes this
- andendthis reblogged this from thearmouredbear
- jyapotatopao reblogged this from fushimi-kun
- jyapotatopao likes this
- princerory likes this
- fushimi-kun reblogged this from raining-memories
- untoldgrace likes this
- folkyolk reblogged this from she-wants-the-doitsu
- nocturnaltrigger reblogged this from sssummertime
- molnam014 likes this
- stumblingintoyourlife reblogged this from freeyourmindandtherestwillfollow
- melissaislegit reblogged this from freeyourmindandtherestwillfollow
- boybandfashion reblogged this from isolatedinsanity
- boybandfashion likes this
- enviedevoirlemonde reblogged this from freeyourmindandtherestwillfollow
- a-glass-asylum reblogged this from isolatedinsanity
- a-glass-asylum likes this
- assassinslover reblogged this from isolatedinsanity
- ivebeenroaminaround likes this
- kakakakelly likes this
- isolatedinsanity reblogged this from freeyourmindandtherestwillfollow
- freeyourmindandtherestwillfollow reblogged this from kurtrachelandagayhighfive
- phonetardis reblogged this from hiddleswiggles
- imonlyobsessed reblogged this from givemethefokiyo
- imonlyobsessed likes this
- wickleyton reblogged this from icebearsdouchehat
- g00dadvice reblogged this from radagastlovesyou
- neominimuz reblogged this from dark-mistress-anika
- we-are-forever-unknown likes this
- doubled-fun likes this
- viryo likes this
- anxiousappleallergy likes this
- dark-mistress-anika reblogged this from yisusfishus
- glitchedspectra reblogged this from kalipsos
- shyshelle likes this
- ixnayonthepoliticaltalk-ay reblogged this from casteaelle
- lunargold likes this
- swifferfeatherduster reblogged this from rowlinginthetardis
- beware-the-groove likes this
- rowlinginthetardis reblogged this from solongponds
- the-flaming-cupcake likes this
- cantstopaddictedtotheshindigg likes this